Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Content Description This collection contains the correspondence and working files of Sigurd Anderson, spanning his terms as Governor in the 1950s as well as his later professional life into the 1970s.
Dates: 1951 - 1990
Abstract The Paul E. Bellamy papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, print materials and photographs mainly associated with Bellamy's career as a businessman and promoter in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Dates: 1879 - 1956
Content Description This collection contains materials primarily related to the work of Nils A. Boe during his time as South Dakota governor.
Dates: 1964 - 1969
Abstract The Harlan John Bushfield collection is made up of materials Bushfield composed during his tenures as South Dakota’s Governor and United States Senator.
Dates: 1935 - 1949
Abstract The Joseph H. Cash papers contain materials from Cash's time as a professor and administrator at the University of South Dakota.
Dates: 1945 - 1994; Majority of material found within 1966 - 1989
Content Description This collection contains materials primarily related to the work of Mary Edelen during her time as South Dakota representative. The collection also includes a few items about her mother, Marjorie Beaty.
Dates: 1973 - 2002
Content Description This collection contains materials primarily related to the work of Frank L. Farrar during his time as South Dakota governor.
Dates: 1969 - 1971
Content Description This collection consists of correspondence, manuscript and print materials related to Joe Foss' term as South Dakota governor from 1955-1959.
Dates: 1955 - 1959
Content Description This collection contains correspondence, notes, minutes, notes on commissions, board meetings, and council meetings from Archie Gubbrud's terms as Governor of South Dakota.
Dates: 1961 - 1968
Content Description This collection is the working, correspondence, and campaign files of South Dakota Governor, Ralph Herseth.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1959 - 1964
Scope and Contents William J. Janklow Papers document the activities of William "Bill" Janklow, former governor and congressman of South Dakota. These materials span Janklow's multiple public offices as well as his personal life.
Dates: 1958 - 2012
Abstract Most of this collection is correspondence, state agency files, and regional and/or federal files from Richard Kneip's terms as South Dakota governor.
Dates: 1970 - 1978
Content Description This collection contains correspondence, both executive and personal, from Andrew Lee's time as South Dakota Governor.
Dates: 1897 - 1902
Abstract This collection contains materials primarily related to the work of William Henry McMaster during his time as South Dakota governor and US senator from South Dakota.
Dates: 1895 - 1968; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1929
Content Description This collection contains copies of the Mellette papers from the Mellette House in Watertown, SD. It is unknown if this collection contains any material from his time as South Dakota governor or US senator from South Dakota, but it is unlikely based on the dates seen in the collection.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1842 - 1896
Content Description This collection consists of the correspondence, working files, and news clippings of Governor George T. Mickelson.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1949 - 1960
This collection contains materials primarily related to the work and family of Gladys Pyle with few materials related to her time in politics.
Dates: 1898 - 1980
Content Description This collection contains materials primarily related to the work of Merrill Sharpe before and after his time as South Dakota governor, though there are some materials related to his governorship.
Dates: 1888 - 1962
- Subject: South Dakota -- Politics and government X
- Governors--South Dakota 14
- University of South Dakota -- Alumni and Alumnae 5
- Legislators--United States 3
- South Dakota -- History 2
- Attorneys general--United States--South Dakota 1
- Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.) 1
- Dakota Indians 1
- Dakota Territory -- Government and politics 1
- Governors -- Dakota Territory 1
- Homestake Mine (S.D.) 1
- Indians in motion pictures 1
- Indians of North America -- Great Plains 1
- Indians of North America—Ethnic identity 1
- Interracial adoption -- South Dakota 1
- Oglala Indians 1
- Oral History -- Great Plains 1
- Political campaigns--United States 1
- Ponca Indians 1
- Rosebud Indian Reservation (S.D.) 1 ∧ less
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anderson, Sigurd, 1904-1990 1
- Bellamy, Paul E., 1879-1956 1
- Boe, Nils A. (Nils Andreas), 1913-1992 1
- Bushfield, Harlan J. (Harlan John), 1882-1948 1
- Cash, Joseph H. 1
- Dakota Territory. Governor (1889 : Mellette) 1
- Edelen, Mary B., 1944- 1
- Farrar, Frank L. (Frank Leroy), 1929- 1
- Foss, Joe, 1915-2003 1
- Gubbrud, Archie M., 1910-1987 1
- Herseth, Ralph E., 1909-1969 1
- Janklow, William J. (William John), 1939-2012 1
- Kneip, Richard F. (Richard Francis), 1933-1987 1
- Lee, Andrew E. (Andrew Ericson), 1847-1934 1
- McMaster, William H. (William Henry), 1877-1968 1
- Mellette, Arthur Calvin, 1842-1896 1
- Mickelson, George T. (George Theodore), 1903-1965 1
- Missouri Basin Inter-agency Committee 1
- Pyle, Gladys, 1890-1989 1 ∧ less