Jane Rooker Breeden papers
The Breeden Papers consist of correspondence, pamphlets, administrative records, newspaper clippings and print materials extending from 1895 to 1933.
- 1895 - 1933
- Majority of material found within 1910 - 1920
- Breeden, Jane Rooker, 1853-1955 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
2 Linear Feet (4 document boxes with printed materials available in boxes 3 and 4 and an individually wrapped scrapbook. )
Language of Materials
Series 1: Correspondence, 1895-1933, Box 1, Folder 1-13 The correspondence consists of letters received by Breeden. The letters are arranged chronologically.
Series 2: Subject Files, Box 1, Folders 14-22; Box 2, Folders 1-14 The subject files contain articles, pamphlets, programs, and print materials relating to state and national suffrage associations. The material is organized alphabetically by topic or by organization name.
Series 3: Government Documents, Box 2, Folders 14-21 Includes print materials from the South Dakota House and Senate.
Series 4: Published Materials, Box 3, Folders 1-5 Book and magazine publications.
Series 5: Newspapers, Box 4, Folders 1-12 Consists of newspaper clippings and full editions of state and national newspapers. Suffrage in South Dakota.
Series 6: Maps Contains South Dakota state and highway maps, maps of the city of Pierre and Stanley and Lyman Counties in South Dakota. This Series is located in a large oversize folder in the Map Cases.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- South Dakota -- History Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Suffragists -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Voting -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Suffrage -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's rights -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jane Rooker Breeden papers
- Mary Ellen Ducey and Anne Hinseth
- 1999 January
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USD Archives and Special Collections Repository