William J. Janklow Gubernatorial Papers, 1970-2003, bulk: 1979 - 1987, bulk: 1995 - 2003
Scope and Contents
The Gubernatorial Papers consist of gubernatorial records including department files, news clippings, monthly reports, state Senate and House records, notes, and minutes. Some records have been replicated on microfilm. Selections of digitized microfim are avaiable.
- Majority of material found within 1979 - 1987
- Majority of material found within 1995 - 2003
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research with some restriction. Researchers are advised to contact the Archives and Special Collections prior to visiting. Advance notice may be needed to retrieve items for research use.
374 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Gubernatorial Papers are arranged into twelve accession groups roughly corresponding with date and format. Some accession groups are further divided into series defining format, governmental department, and subject.
- 93-61: General Files, 1982-1986
- 94-4: General Files, 1970-1987
- 2000-24: Correspondence, 1995-1996
- 2001-016: General Files, 1995-1998
- 2002-008: Correspondence, 1998
- 2002-021: General Files and Correspondence, 1999
- 2002-022: News Clippings, 1995
- 2002-023: General Files and Correspondence, 1999-2000
- 2002-024: General Files and Correspondence, 2001
- 2003-004: General Files and Correspondence, 1987-2002
- 2003-010: Correspondence, 1994-2002
- 2004-001: General Files, 2002
The Gubernatorial Papers are arranged with respect to the provenantial ordering maintained by their pervious custodians. These papers are divided into the twelve groups by which they were accessioned over the course of Janklow’s multiple gubernatorial terms. These series are presumed to replicate the original order of the files as they were maintained by the Governor’s Office.
Part of the USD Archives and Special Collections Repository